Joseph concentrates his practice in divorce matters, post-divorce modifications, parentage matters, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and other men's legal issues.
Joseph was voted an Illinois SuperLawyer by his fellow attorneys in 2015, 2016 and 2017, after having been voted a Rising Star in 2013 and 2014. Admitted to practice law in Illinois in 2005, Joseph graduated from Ambassador University, Big Sandy, TX, where he was on the Dean's List and received his B.A., and then graduated from Andrews University, Berrien Springs, MI, where he earned an M.A. in Counseling and was awarded the Nichol Memorial Award for Integrity. Joseph is a graduate of DePaul University College of Law, where he served as a student representative on the Law School's curriculum committee. With several years of experience as a counselor prior to attending law school, Joseph brings unique and valuable experience to the field of domestic relations law.
Joseph is a member of the American Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association, the DuPage County, Kendall County, and Will County Bar Associations, and remains active in Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity. Joseph was appointed to the Illinois State Bar Association Committee on Judicial Evaluations (Outside Cook County) and twice served as chair of said committee. Joseph is also admitted to practice at the United States Supreme Court.
Joseph also released his first book in 2017 titled Winning Your Divorce: The Top Ten Mistakes Men Make and How to Avoid Them. You can purchase his book here.
Winning Your Divorce:
The Top Ten Mistakes Men Make and How to Avoid Them.
Areas of Practice:
- Child and Spousal Support
- Child Custody and Visitation
- Property Division
- Pre-Nuptial Agreements
- Post Divorce Modifications
- Collaborative Law
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- American Bar Association – Law Practice Management Section
- Illinois State Bar Association – Judicial Evaluation Committee
- Illinois State Bar Association – Family Law Section
- DuPage County Bar Association – Family Law Section; Rules Revision Committee
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity – Member
- National Association of Certified Counselors – Past member
- 75 % of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Illinois, 2005
- DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 2005 J.D. Honors: Dean's Scholarship Recipient
- Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan, 1999 M.A. Honors: With Honors Honors: Dean's List; Nichol Memorial Award for Integrity
- Ambassador University, Big Sandy, Texas, 1995 B.A. Honors: With Honors Major: Liberal Studies/Psychology
Honors and Awards:
- Nichol Memorial Award for Integrity, 1998
- Daniel P. Ward Service Scholarship, 2004
- Illinois Rising Star, 2013, 2014
- Illinois SuperLawyer, 2015 to present
- AVVO Client's Choice award, 2015
- “Civil Unions in Illinois: A Cautious Gaze into a Possible Future“, DCBA Brief, Volume 20, Issue 3, 2007
- The Awkward Handshake: US v. Kyllo and How Science Shapes the Law, DePaul Journal of Law & Science, 2, 2004
- Counseling Practicum, Andrews University, 1999
- Law Offices of Robert T. Badesch, Trial Clerk, 2003 – 2005
- Cook County State's Attorney – Felony Trial Division, Legal Clerk, 2001
- Phi Alpha Delta